Check our Wordpress blog:
What are we doing to get there (UB)?
Posted by Ren at 26th November 2011 at 19:03 in Preparation
We thought that writing a blog and opening a FB account could be a good start to share our adventure and get you all involved.
Meanwhile we thought that having a kick off party to explain you all why, was the best way to share our excitement (stay tuned for beginning of january!)
Of course it’s all about charity!! We want to raise at least 1200 euro, and we need your help for this. 600 euros will go to the MongolRally official charity (...). For the rest, we do not know yet. Do you have suggestions? We are thinking about it and want to define it by X-mas.
Biggest part of the adventure is to choose the car. It had to be max 1.2l engine and less than 10 years old. Any chance you have one to give away for charity? Our goal is to find sponsors to cover for the car cost. If you know anyone who could be interested, please let us know.
The car will not only get us to Ulanbataar, but there will be sold to raise further money...we’ll kill 2 birds with one stone!
Route... there are ideally 3 main routes:
- the northern route: through all Russia
- the southern route: through Iran
- the central route: through Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan.... and this is the one we’d like to take. It will take us through 14 countries, 10000 miles, 4-ish weeks...WOW!
If you have any contacts in those countries or know anyone from there living here in Brussels, let us know, you can give us a big help!
You can join us:
- by e-mail email@example.com
- on Facebook: 2vagabondsandayak on FB
- subscribing to our blog: 2vagabondsandayak
- joining our mailing list (write us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)